Following a link from Maggi to the Church Times, the blogging bishops (and others) attending Lambeth have met up. It was particularly interesting to read that my colleague Bishop Alan manages to blog in the twenty minutes after morning prayer which, if you are familiar with his blog, is pretty amazing bearing in mind the quality of his posts.
I leave early tomorrow to arrive late morning and as I’ve made known already, I’m looking forward to it!
I'm looking forward to:
- meeting with church leaders from all over the world, and hearing their perspectives on some of the challenging issues that face us all;
- worshipping in a tradition which is different from my own and on this occasion will be flavoured by the global constituency;
- participating in an ‘Indaba’ group and observing how difference is handled across such a broad spectrum of views;
- hearing a variety of speakers, including Brian McLaren;
- meal times and other social dimensions (let the reader understand);
- attending a number of receptions including lunch at Lambeth Palace, and tea with the Queen at Buckingham Palace;
- blogging on the experience;
- coming home in just under a week and going on holiday straight away!