Spotify

Thanks to Bishop Alan for introducing Spotify. Spotify is a Sweden-based proprietary music streaming program, which allows instant listening to specific tracks or albums with almost no buffering delay. Apparently, the price you pay is an advert at the end of a track, but not for the music I've listened to so far. The library is immense, several million tracks. I tested it out with Steve Reich, Schoenberg Five Orchestral Pieces, Mahler Ruckert Songs, Carla Bley. U2's latest album was out a week before it was released. But what's not available is The Beatles, AC/DC, Metallica or Pink Floyd. And I am assured that this is all legal because you can't download it. It's a very good way of getting a taster for something that you haven't heard. Highly recommended! 

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's amazing, isn't it. And I think there are less ads now than when I started using it. I'm sure I used to get an ad about every 20-30 minutes but tonight I had it on for nearly three hours before an ad appeared.

(My write-up's here if anyone's interested.)
Anonymous said…
Are you familiar with Wordle?

Wordle is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text.

Here is the Wordle "word cloud" for your Wonder and Wondering blog: http://www.speedyshare.com/922514595.html

Popular Posts