Susan Boyle on Britain's Got Talent - Wow!

I know that this is fast becoming old news, but I can't resist posting on it. I received an email about a YouTube of Susan Boyle who was auditioned for 'Britain's Got Talent' - not a programme I watch. I was told that I would be stunned. 

It was the way that the whole thing was set-up: the back-stage interview in which she said that as a single 47 year old she'd never been kissed; the answers she gave to the judges questions before she sang, stating that she wanted to be a professional singer but had never been given the opportunity; and the utter contempt that audience and judges made no effort to conceal. And then she opened her mouth, and I confess that it brought tears to my eyes and yes, I was stunned - what a performance! And actually there was something about it that was so gospel. 

If you haven't heard it, then go here and enjoy! When I last looked there were nearly 6 million hits.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Geoff, I'm shocked! I'd have put you down as a "Britain's Got Talent" man. You'll be telling me next you don't watch "X-Factor" or "Ant and Dec's Saturday Takeaway". Saturday night must be very quiet in the Colmer household.
Anonymous said…
I blogged about it as well!

Did you find this piece in the Glasgow Herald as well - I thought it was a good article

David Lewis

Popular Posts