What's on David Bowie's iPod?

I've always been an admirer of David Bowie, and I was intrigued to see that The Guardian had an article, What's on David Bowie's iPod?.  If you have Spotify, you can listen to the whole playlist here.


I was blown away with this blast from the '60's, Stay with Me by Lorraine Ellison. Bowie writes, 'Ellison only got to record this goose bump-making classic because of a Sinatra cancellation at the studio. The vocal build and release on this track is galvanising.' And it is, it really is! I've listened on Spotify but downloaded it from iTunes.


There's a lot more that's interesting, including, John Adams, For With God No Thing Shall Be Impossible, from El Nino.  Bowie's comment, 'Just over a minute long and propulsive like a storm. I want to crush furniture. The emotional in search of the divine.'

Comments

Julie Aylward said…
My only claim to fame is that as a teenager I lived in the flat above David Bowie and his family just as he began to be known - so I got to hear his music live!

Popular Posts