The riots - 'profound theology and sharp social commentary'

Amidst the plethora of opinion and comment on the riots, I've been looking for the sort of reflection and analysis that stands out as being of a special quality and depth. My Regional Minister colleague Phil Jump has written a helpful piece here. And on Wednesday, Simon Jones, at a sideways glance, flagged up what I think is a particularly insightful and penetrating piece by Luke Bretherton, really worth reading. As Simon says, 'profound theology meets sharp social commentary'. Click here.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Short but relevant blog... Phil's article is well worth linking to, very perceptive and unsettling observation. It's all too easy to look to blame someone else and avoid responsibility.
Weren't these amongst the first sins in the Bible? Adam, Eve - the woman/snake made me do it... and then the infamous "Am I my brother's keeper?"

Popular Posts